Friday, 27 January 2012

Back To Normal

The end of January already and I've just completed my last bit of exam duty at college until the summer. I also had the chance to resume the supervisory work I was doing before Christmas because one of the two permanent team members fell ill for a week. A third opportunity has arisen with the need for cover staff for the college library. I passed the interview and will shortly be undergoing training. With three jobs at the same place I feel a bit greedy. But it will still only amount to a few hours here and there.

Both my writers' clubs have resumed their meetings. The invited speakers, workshops and competitions for the year ahead are being finalised. Even Blogger seems back to normal after sorting out its recent problems. I can now start leaving comments again.

Payment for my accepted story at The People's Friend has appeared on my bank statement but I still haven't seen it in print yet. Can't be long now surely?

Also had a call from Marion Clarke at Yours magazine to say they have accepted my last submission.

I have had five stories accepted by five different magazines now, plus a newspaper and an anthology. I feel gratified that so many editors think I can write a bit. They can't all be wrong, can they? The worrying thing is that no-one has come back for a second one yet. It's amazing how a tiny bit of success can still leave you paranoid isn't it?

16 comments:

  1. I'm just hope I can leave you a message after you have been rejecting me but your rejection is more upsetting than the two I've had lately from a magazine and agent.

    Here's hoping for success from you X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Thank you Keith for having me back. Well Done my dear friend on your successes

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would never reject you, Jarmara. I take it Blogger has been causing problems for quite a few people.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, it's been unkind to me but not allow me to leave comments with you and some of my other blogging friends. So glad you let me back

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back, Keith, and very well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Frances. It's good to be back.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's great, Keith! Well done! And it's good to see you back in Blogland :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Teresa. I've been a silent observer for the past month.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gosh Keith, you're doing really well. Those second sales will come, I'm sure. Blogger has been a pain at times lately, but all running smoothly now (fingers crossed).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, Joanne. Lovely to be able to speak to you again. It's not easy typing with fingers crossed but I'll do my best.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so pleased you've had so many acceptances, Keith. I'm sure there will be more to come in 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on the sales, Keith. No those editors aren't all wrong - it's just that competition is tougher than ever.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Keith - it's so true that the taste of success can still leave you paranoid and wanting more. But you should celebrate your achievements - its great to have editors pay for your work. Don't underestimate what you've achieved and don't doubt yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'll try not to, Avril - but I probably will!

    ReplyDelete