Friday, 16 March 2012

My Number Is Up

At last my story Waiting For The Number Eighteen has appeared in this week's People's Friend – March 17th edition. I thought I must have missed it as it was accepted before Christmas and I was paid ages ago. First thing I did was ring my mum. The central character is named after her and the picture they've used even looks a bit like her.

Apart from that things have dried up a bit but I'm persevering. I did win Nottingham Writers' autumn prose competition with Rachael's Party and on Wednesday it's our Verse Of The Year competition which I won last year so I'll be trying to defend my title. I'll keep you informed of the result.

8 comments:

  1. I must pick up a copy of PF tomorrow, Keith. Well Done you! Bet your Mum was pleased to see the picture of herself...:-) Good luck with all your future projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How great is that - the illustration looking like your mum! I bet she's chuffed to bits and what brilliant timing with Mother's Day tomorrow :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Keith Just picked up a copy and read your wonderful story it's brilliant no wonder FP published it. And the illustration is brilliant too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, well done! I'll get a copy tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! I can relate to 'things have dried up a bit' (hoping here you are meaning short story sales) and I do agree, and will be doing the same as you... persevering! Hang in there. Good luck with defending your title too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all your kind words, everybody. The next batch of stories went out at the weekend so... fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fingers and everything else crossed for you. Good luck!

      Delete
  7. Hi Keith, I have just read your story. A lovely idea, linking all the people in the village together like that. I bet your mum's very proud! Good luck with your next lot of subs.

    ReplyDelete