Thursday, 12 April 2012

Mature Times

I thought I'd try my hand at writing an article.

So I wrote a piece about a little-known actor and sent it off to a newspaper in Canada. Having received no reply after a few weeks I sent it to Mature Times, the magazine for the over fifties which you can find in most libraries. They hadn't room for it in the paper but they have put it on their website at www.maturetimes.co.uk/leisure-and-lifestyle.html. It is dated Thursday 12 April 2012.

Those of you who are (ahem) old enough may remember the guy. He was a star of the first TV programme that I can remember and I still have the hardback annual from 1958.

9 comments:

  1. Good on you. I will go and check it out :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great article, Keith - I remember that programme too and I agree wholeheartedly with your last line!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Diane and Teresa. I had a lot of fun researching it. Apparently the Lone Ranger started as a radio series in the 40s and the phrase "Hi Yo Silver!" was to inform the audience that a riding sequence was about to begin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not a Lone Ranger fan but well done on getting accepted!Now all you have to do is write another...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Keith. I didn't know if you tweeted or not as I don't have your twitter name. I've chosen you as one of my lucky#7 to share 7 sentences, 7 lines down on page 77 of your WIP. Take a look on my blog, and all will become clear! I hope you're well. Ange :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for visiting my blog. I do appreciate it, and was happy to return the favor. Nice article! I was a Lone Ranger fan, but didn't realize Jay Silverheels wasn't Tonto's given name, or that he was born in Canada. Live an learn. Count me in as your newest follower. (Gonna write about the Cisco Kid next?)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cisco Kid? That's a good idea. I bet not many remember him and his sidekick, Pancho. Must have been on TV around the same time as the Lone Ranger.
    Thanks, Susan.

    ReplyDelete