Friday, 24 October 2014

October News

Thought I'd just put in a quick post before the end of October.

Nothing much to report.
  • Still waiting for my latest story to appear in People's Friend.
  • The 2015 Yours Yearbook is now available and includes one of my stories.
  • Also had a story accepted for Yours magazine.
  • Had a few days away and came back to find Jill Finlay had accepted another story for The Weekly News. So that was a nice surprise.
  • Two weeks after that I bought a copy of TWN to find another of mine in there. One more nice surprise. We don't always get told in advance.
  • Found out I'd won Nottingham Writers' Club's monthly poetry competition for August. I've never won the monthly one before. The theme was 'rubbish' and my title was A Waste Of Space. So I can truthfully say I've won a competition with a rubbish poem.

Oh - and my granddaughter's first teeth have come through!


Just a reminder about Helen Yendall's free competition for followers of her blog. A piece of flash fiction (100 words) containing the words - 500, panther, stampede, wood and courage. Closing date midnight Tuesday November 11th.

14 comments:

  1. I'd say that's quite a lot to report there, Keith! Congratulations!
    Lovely photo :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Teresa. There didn't seem to be much going on when I first started writing this. Then a couple of things happened this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Teresa - sounds like 'nothing to report' is a bit of an understatement! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it sort of expanded after I started compiling it. Thanks for commenting, Sally.

      Delete
  4. If that's 'not a lot' I'll need a cup of tea to drink while reading your report of a busy time! Congratulations on all of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. O.k. I'm beginning to see a trend here. Yes, I should have took that bit out after the list got a bit bigger. Thanks for dropping by, Patsy.

      Delete
  5. What a great month, Keith. We are PF 2015 annual buddies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great, Wendy. I have a long way to go to catch up with you though.

      Delete
  6. I love the Yours annual, must get that... Well done on all the acceptances. And that photo is smashing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susan. She's a fashion icon isn't she?

      Delete
  7. Congratulations Keith! October has been a busy month. What a cutie of a granddaughter. Wishing you a happy and successful November.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting, Nicola. Good luck with your blog.

      Delete
  8. Congratulations on all your recent successes, Keith.

    Lovely picture of your granddaughter in her shades. :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carol. See you on Wednesday.

      Delete