Thought I'd just put in a quick post before the end of October.
Nothing much to report.
- Still waiting for my latest story to appear in People's Friend.
- The 2015 Yours Yearbook is now available and includes one of my stories.
- Also had a story accepted for Yours magazine.
- Had a few days away and came back to find Jill Finlay had accepted another story for The Weekly News. So that was a nice surprise.
- Two weeks after that I bought a copy of TWN to find another of mine in there. One more nice surprise. We don't always get told in advance.
- Found out I'd won Nottingham Writers' Club's monthly poetry competition for August. I've never won the monthly one before. The theme was 'rubbish' and my title was A Waste Of Space. So I can truthfully say I've won a competition with a rubbish poem.
Oh - and my granddaughter's first teeth have come through!
Just a reminder about Helen Yendall's free competition for followers of her blog. A piece of flash fiction (100 words) containing the words - 500, panther, stampede, wood and courage. Closing date midnight Tuesday November 11th.