Thursday, 12 March 2015

Gaffer's Little Helper

Hello, everybody. Orla here.

I'm helping my granddad out today (or Gaffer as he prefers to be called). He's been too busy again this month to post on his Blog so I'm doing it for him.

I've made this collage to cheer him up.
He had another one of those stories he writes in The People's Friend last month. I was a little mischievous the other week when I found a copy on the table and tore it up. I like tearing things up. He didn't get mad though. I smiled at him. Seems to work with granddad. Not with mum though.

Here's me being a rascal at Christmas. I managed to reach the bauble on Boxing Day and brought the whole lot crashing down. Won't be trying that again.

 


 

Here's me on my horse that granddad and nanna bought me.

 








Here's big brother Finlay with his new Xbox (whatever that is).







Granddad and nanna came to my first birthday party last month. They didn't buy me toys as I had a lot for Christmas but I did get some nice things to keep me warm when I'm asleep.

In fact I'm feeling sleepy now so I'll say 'bye' and see you soon.

18 comments:

  1. Gosh hasn't she grown. Well done granddad on another story published.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done for keeping Gaffer out of trouble. Bet he takes some looking after ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did that year go by so quickly?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What do you mean, Wendy? It's been a lifetime for me!

      Delete
  4. A lovely post, Orla.You are going to be a writer, just like your granddad. You clever little girl. Belated happy birthday!! Say a big hello to granddad and nanna from me and ask your brother not to play for too long on his new game machine. He needs to play with you sometimes too. I have a big brother too! They are very special and always look after us little sisters. Bye for now, Orla.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Nicola.
      I'm not sure if I'm going to be a writer and triathlete like granddad or a crafter and horserider like nanna.
      Big brother is marvellous. He cheers me up when I'm feeling grumpy.

      Delete
  5. Lovely post - now how about a story from a one year old's POV? My twin granddaughters are one tomorrow. Where did that year go?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you have a great time with your granddaughters. The time seems to fly by doesn't it?

      Delete
  6. Your grandchildren are a couple of cuties. It's hard to believe Orla is a year old already; it seems like she made her debut only a few months ago.

    Congrats on getting another story published!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susan. The year has certainly gone quickly.

      Delete
  7. That's odd - I was reading another of your blog posts, went to comment and it had gone!

    I didn't imagine it, did I?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blimey, you were quick! I hit Publish instead of Save while I was drafting it and had to erase it immediately. It's up now. Sorry, Patsy.

      Delete
  8. Hi, Orla, glad you're keeping them all busy, and big brother is good looking after you. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got chicken pox at the moment, Susan, but Finlay is keeping me company while I'm resting.

      Delete