Sunday, 17 May 2015

Tempus Fugit

Good grief!

I've just checked. Was it really two months ago that I last posted on here? May and June are usually the busiest time of the year for me but I haven't blogged since March so I thought I ought to take some time out.

It's currently GCE A level time so I'm at Bilborough College all day, every day for the next few weeks to invigilate in the exams. I seem to have been given a lot of word processing sessions so I have to cope on my own, setting out the seating plans, logging in for the students and distributing the question papers. It's a long, lonely day with often only a short break for lunch. Then it's back home to do some jobs like mow the lawn, fix the garage door and sort out the dripping tap. If I can get any writing done then that's a bonus.

Luckily I've managed to get another two acceptances from Shirley Blair at The People's Friend. That makes five stories to come in PF. I seem to be in the groove for their requirements at the moment.

It's cricket and cycling season now so that's a couple more distractions for me. In addition my grandchildren take up the odd weekend when they get the chance to visit and I enjoy every minute of their company. In fact I'll end with a couple of images of them. Till next time...

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the latest acceptances, Keith.

    And hopefully no other accidents this year so you can enjoy the cycling season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Carol.
    It's been a year since I crashed and landed on my shoulder. The pain is only just beginning to fade away. I'm a bit more cautious now but these tram tracks don't make life easy for cyclists.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, the missing post returns!

    Congratulations on the sales. PF is one magazine I've never had any success with. Think I'd better give up and accept that I'm just not on their wavelength.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Patsy, but don't give up. You may find that once you get it right more successes could follow.

      Delete
  4. Congratulations on your successes, Keith. I recently ended ties with my agent (explained on my blog is you get 2 mins) so I've just sent 3 query letters out to new agencies. As you say - don't give up.
    You have beautiful grandchildren.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Angela. Nice to hear from you.

      Delete
  5. Well done with P.F. Keith. I've yet to have an acceptance with them, but for some reason I don't give up. It's a magazine I like that's why, and I will get there one day. Your grandchildren are smashing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susan. It's worth persevering.

      Delete