Monday, 21 September 2015

Busy Busy

Time for another blog. It seems to have become just a monthly post lately.

My story The Box In The Corner was in The People's Friend Special No.111 last month and my latest Call Me Madam is in this month's No.112.

I found that I had applied for The People's Friend York workshop just in time as it is now fully booked. I believe there are still a few places available at the other venues. Looking forward to that on October 22nd.

I'm also having a go at their serial writing competition. You need to write a 6000 word first instalment and a synopsis of the whole story. The winner will get help in writing the final two instalments of 5000 words each. Closing date is October 30th so there is still plenty of time.

Finally – my main sources of inspiration:

This is my lovely daughter-in-law
with Finlay and Orla
on a bike ride.








       Here are Finlay and Orla enjoying sandwiches outside their great grandmother's home.

17 comments:

  1. Have a lovely time at the workshop, and congratulations on your latest publications!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Joanne. Good to see you're back blogging regularly now too.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on the latest successes, and good luck with your entry in the serial writing competition- and enjoy the workshop next month. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carol. I'll write a piece about it for Scribe. See you in a couple of weeks.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations, Keith.

    Those two look as though they have loads more inspiration to keep you going.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do, Patsy. Thanks for commenting.

      Delete
  4. Nice to be in the magazines with you :) Enjoy the workshop when you go and good luck with the serial comp - they're fun to write.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Wendy. It's even nicer for me to share a mag with you. I'll blog about the workshop. Currently enjoying Babcock Manor.

      Delete
  5. Congratulations on the successes, Keith and good luck with the serial writing competition. What lovely inspiration you have :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Teresa. Aren't grandchildren great?

      Delete
  6. Congratulations! And enjoy the workshop. I'm envious...York is lovely, and being amongst other writers is good for the soul.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Maria. I'm hoping to speak to some of the other writers as well as enjoy the workshop.

      Delete
  7. Congrats, Keith. keep up the good work. I've moved in now so happy to skype.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The serial writing competition sounds pretty cool. Good luck with it.

    Wow, it seems like your granddaughter was just born. They sure do grow up quickly, don't they?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the good wishes, Susan. I agree, they grow up too fast.

      Delete
  9. Good luck with the serial competition, Keith. Bet you'll do well. I've had a go as well, so fingers crossed for both of us. They're lovely grandchildren. Our little one is growing as well. Well done on the stories.

    ReplyDelete