Sunday, 11 September 2016

Some Fields Will Blossom While Others Lay Brown Beneath The August Sun

Well, August turned out to be a pretty good month for me.

I had a total of five stories published – two in The People's Friend 2017 Annual, one in the PF weekly mag, one in the PF Special and one in The Weekly News.

I didn't even know about The Weekly News one until Suzanne Ross Jones @sj_suz kindly informed me via Twitter. Just goes to show the usefulness of Twitter and the power of the writers' network.

I've just attended one of the Woman's Weekly writers' workshops in Manchester. This was run by editor Gaynor Davies and prolific writer Della Galton. The event was attended by writers of all abilities and we all came away with some very useful feedback. I was particularly impressed by the interest that was shown for everybody's writing attempts and the patience they showed when assessing our work. I was also pleased to meet up with fellow magazine writers Margaret Skipworth and Joanne Duncan.

It's back to the writers' clubs this month after the Summer recess. I get some great ideas and inspiration from both of my groups. I wish you all the best in whatever endeavours you're engaged in at this time.

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations on a great month, Keith. The workshop sounds fun and it's always good to meet other writers isn't it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Teresa. I love just chatting with other writers. I learn so much. I enjoyed your story My Little Big Sister in Sept WW.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations. You've really cracked it. You're an inspiration to those of us who are just stepping out on the path.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Helen. Hope the move went o.k. All the best with your novel.

      Delete
  3. Always good to have a steady flow of successes, Keith.

    Don't forget to keep your ALCS up to date too. :-)

    Was good to see you at the workshop last night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carol. I need to have a session on ALCS to enter all this year's published stories.
      I enjoyed the workshop last night. It's good to do a bit of poetry for a change. I came away with a lot of inspiration and a few ideas. They'll all be channeled into short stories though. (Shh! Don't tell Becky.)

      Delete
  4. Wow, you're getting to be quite the prolific writer, aren't you?

    That workshop sounds like it was a great experience. Nothing like getting the support of other writers to give you the impetus you need to keep on going. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's right, Susan. Thanks for commenting.

    ReplyDelete