Wednesday, 28 September 2016

Youthopia

For the last few years, in between writing short stories, I've been putting together a children's adventure story. A couple of months ago I took the plunge and entered the world of self-publishing. I've been on a steep learning curve with Amazon's CreateSpace but now I think I'm nearing the end of the project. Not being the remotest bit artistic I struggled with the cover design but, with some expert advice and graphics software, I managed to come up with something I was quite pleased with.

Youthopia is a modern-day escapade aimed at early teens. I've put a few chapters on Amazon's preview page here.

10 comments:

  1. That all sounds very exciting, Keith. I love the cover - it's very eye catching. I'm off for a read of the preview now :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for taking a look, Teresa. I don't know if it will be a success but I had fun writing it.

      Delete
  2. I didn't realise you were doing this, Keith - how exciting! It's fun to self-publish and the best bit is definitely the cover design. The bright yellow of yours is really eye-catching.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Wendy. I kept the design as simple as I could as I was never any good at art. I started with a mustard colour for the background but that looked really dull so I changed it to this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very striking cover, Keith. Good luck with the project.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pleased to see you've done this Keith, congratulations.

    The cover will certainly get the book noticed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carol. I think I would have done this sooner if I hadn't been agonising over the cover.

      Delete
  6. Congratulations! I think you did a fantastic job with the cover. Obviously, you're much more artistic than you thought you are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susan. As for being artistic - no, really, I'm not.

      Delete