Sunday, 7 May 2017

No More Excuses


It's time I stopped making excuses and got back into regular blogging despite the fact that this is my busiest time of the year.

There are A Levels and International Baccalaureate going on at the college where I'm an exam invigilator. During these two months I'm still determined to keep up my short story output for the womags. Nevertheless I'm sitting here typing this post while switching between commentary of Notts v Leics in the One Day Cricket competition and England v Ireland in International One Day Cricket. I'm also trying to keep up to date with progress of the Giro (Italy's equivalent of the Tour de France).

Another ongoing project is the sequel to my children's novel Youthopia which I'm hoping to complete before the end of the year.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Youthopia-Keith-Havers-ebook/dp/B01N6F0LOH/ref=asap_bc?ie=UTF8

 By the way I have a story coming in this week's People's Friend. (Dated May 13th). It's a story with a horse racing theme. I actually received a slap on the wrist from editor Shirley Blair for not alerting her to the fact that this is a date specific story. It didn't occur to me that they would have preferred to publish it during Grand National week. Oh well. Lesson learnt.

6 comments:

  1. I'm bad at remembering to d that too, Keith. Hopefully we'll end up in the same issue. I've lost track of the dates mine will be in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Wendy. That's made me feel a bit better about it.

      Delete
  2. Good luck finishing your Book Two. You must be a faster writer than I am. I'm still slogging through the last part of book one of the trilogy I'm working on. (Maybe I should make it a stand alone and forget about the next two books. HA!)

    Have a terrific weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Note I said I'm HOPING to complete it, Susan!

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on the PF story success.

    You know once you tell everyone there's a second book,you have to get on with it. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping the pressure will make me get on and do it, Carol.

      Delete